To take a walk around the streets of Sitges is to discover an interesting ensemble of architectural gems, museums and unique buildings that complete Sitges’ modernist and noucentista heritage.
With exhibitions at 10 different art galleries, events and guided tours, in Sitges there are always options for visitors interested in culture.
2014 will be a very special year culture-wise in Sitges with the reopening of museums following a period of refurbishment and the celebration of the international year of El Greco, Domenikos Theotokópoulos. Sitges has a special connection with this artist thanks to his paintings brought here by Santiago Rusiñol and that are presently housed in the Cau Ferrat Museum; The Tears of Saint Peter and Penitent Mary Magdalene with the Cross. There will be special commemorations going on throughout the year.
Summer program: SITGESTIUCULTURA, a series of diverse activities offered daily during the summer months by the Sitges Heritage Consortium at Sitges’ museums; concerts, dramatized tours, nighttime tours, full moon dinners and exhibitions, among other events.
- Cau Ferrat Museum
- Maricel Museum
- Maricel Palace
- Can Llopis Romanticism Museum
- Pere Stämpfli Foundation
- Casa Bacardí
- International Patchwork Festival, March 2015
- Barcelona-Sitges International Vintage Car Rally, March 2015
- Scrap + Sitges. Scrapbooking Fair (Handicraft), March 2015
- 22nd Art Fair, Abril 2015
- Old Jazz Festival, April 2015
- The International Dance Day, May 2015
- Corpus Festival. National Carnation & Bonsai Exhibition. June 2015
- 8th Poetry Festival, June 2015
- Sitgestiu Cultura 2014
- Summer Concerts
- European Heritage Days, September 26th-29th.
49th International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia, October 7th-16th 2016